Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Throbbing Left Shoulder Rear

teacher training deluxe

Today I was asked by a student, what was the the first thing we should teach students teaching profession. Since initially I was totally flabbergasted, I have never seen reflected on a possible specific outline of teacher education content. I then never really recovered and I still think I would give the answer again as I was, perhaps, reflected somewhat.

What it is really what should have heard prospective teachers first? First, it is I think personal experience we can give teachers erfahrerenen future employees, then experience in the school system and then experience more erfahrerenen colleagues. This may take a long time and will also assume a central role, but it should not be the only element. And what follows? The fact that embarking on a profession for which there are no rules and no fixed guide, at least not methodical. Who does so on an answer? No one. And yet it is able to demonstrate that teach very much on "role modeling" that is based on example and should build it. That, at least once a helpful starting point, because who, if not 18-25 year old students know, not exactly like a / e good teacher has to be. My students can do it with a relative 100% define quality accuracy, even if they lack the educational tools for it. And when I returned to my first time remember I have everything I've kept at my own teachers is wrong, over 1:1. A fact to which we certainly can not stress enough. Do not take my wrong, but to keep on the lookout for role models and accepting of their good qualities.

More experience: school books (collective experience of authors and teachers), the Internet (collective experience of all) and his friends (Web 2.0). And what comes then: then comes, I think the first teaching methodology and the attempt to provide "teaching" to pack into categories. In practice sessions, as observers, and with a vast knowledge of course content. This can take up Flechsig to go back and / or include Klippert. This must, I think, to take contemporary teaching and may to borrow dramatic elements. The two-week NLP course with fables and storytelling evenings, which I visited years ago in Norwich, is one still one of the highlights in the teacher training I have ever enjoyed in my career.

Last but there are also things that you must convey in any other profession, and also unfortunately, all too often come first. Legal texts, students management, functions of trade unions and Gehaltsregelunegn. It's exciting to know little but essential. Where there is still time for e-learning Elements? They are merely tools, teacher training, they must be prominent, but may not occupy the central role. The students need for their study, know what tools are available and how they can use them, but that's a side issue, in addition to all the above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment